Childhood is a period of critical growth and development. The two pillars which determine this health outcome are nurturing and nourishment. Love and careful considerations during the early years lay the foundation of a brighter future.
The concept of health and care remains standard for each child. Although the approach and mode of providing this vary for each child. The reason is simple, every child is different. The nourishment and nutritional considerations must be unique, more personalized, and different for each child in order to achieve the milestones set for their respective age groups. That’s why child nutrition and nourishment must be unique and more personalized. The food for children needs to differ on a personal level to cater to the needs of each child based on age, gender, and activity levels.
Let us understand this principle in an easy way.
1.) What do you understand about Child’s Nutritional Needs?
- Nourishment is key for growth. Food is the primary source of this nourishment. Personalized Nutrition forms the basis of healthy nourishment.
- A child’s nutrition goal is very different from us, And so are their ways of processing those nutrients for optimal outcomes.
- Each and every nutrient serves a different need at this stage of growth for your child.
- Be it macronutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, and fats or micronutrients like vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, calcium, or sodium.
- They have specific but important roles to play that aid in positive growth and development.
2.) Are they unique for each child?
3.) How to identify your child’s unique nutritional needs?
- Parameters of Eating Behavior: disciplined, independent eating, mood, acknowledgment of food.
- Parameters of Eating Pattern: Forced fed, Long gaps between meals, Adhering to a scheduled eating time.
- Choices: Likes and Dislikes, Food groups that are included and excluded. There are certain nutrients of critical importance for example good protein, healthy fats, and carbs that must be supplied adequately in the diet. It's important to ensure the correct food sources of these nutrients are included in your child’s food for stable growth and development.
4.) What should you do once you have identified these needs?
The questions answered above help us understand the importance of Personalized Nutrition and how to identify the personalized nutritional requirement of each child, But what follows is meticulous observation and implementation of certain basic principles when it comes to the nourishment of your child.
Milk is the staple and introductory course of food for children. We begin with mother’s milk which is self-sufficient to the best of the standards.
The real challenge begins when we introduce cow/ buffalo milk. A simple glass of cow milk or buffalo milk is no match to the quality of the mother’s milk and therefore needs to be enhanced to provide upgraded nutrition for the growing child. A key point here is to ensure that whatever you add or include with that glass of milk must meet your child’s personal nutrition needs.
We strongly recommend Personalized Nutrition through food. That’s why we offer a range of SuperMilk variants to cater to the unique nutritional needs of children.
You can get personalized nutrition recommendations for your child through our AI enabled personalization engine. You need to enter the details of your child along with some other information like the activity level, frequency of certain food intake, and so on. After you give the required information, the AI recommends to you the nutritional drink which has the right formulation to cater to your child’s unique needs.
Gritzo SuperMilk is a crucial step towards bringing personalized nutrition into the daily life of your child. It comes with essential nutrients like whey protein and DHA, which helps in brain development. Nutrients like RDA Iron and calcium help to boost strength and growth.
Different variants come with different ingredients to cater to the personalized requirement of your child. For example, personalized ingredients like Brahmi, Shankhpushpi in the Genius variant help to boost brain development. While ingredients like Ashwagandha and Pre-pro biotics contribute towards healthy weight gain.
Food is the primary external parameter when it comes to child’s growth and development. And it definitely should be given close and careful thought. Researching and understanding each morsel of food you give your child is the most important step when it comes to achieving personalized nourishment for your child.