Do you love to travel to different places and spend quality time with family?
Traveling with children can be challenging.
But you can make your travel with children much smoother if you have the right food with you as per your travel plans.
Let’s talk about important food tips that can make your journey easier.
Best Foods While Traveling
Trips are fascinating, and covering long miles increases the urge to snack in all of us. Here is a list of food items that you can carry for your children so that they enjoy munching healthy snacks instead of unhealthy food items-
- Low-fat yogurt
- Whole-grain crackers
- Peanut butter sandwiches
- Nutrition rich gummies
- Health drinks
- Dried fruit and seeds
- Fresh fruit like apples, bananas, blueberries, pears, etc.
- Banana chips
- Roasted makhanas
- Healthy cookies
Other Food Tips to Keep in Mind
- Perishable vs. non-perishable items- Remember, if you cover a shorter distance, you may choose perishable items. But if you cover a longer distance, choose things that do not get spoiled quickly.
- Maintain hygiene- Carry sanitizer, water, and liquid soap to avoid germs because unhygienic practices can make your child sick. And may cause diarrhea or loose motions, also called traveler’s diarrhea.
- Avoid unhealthy food- Avoid oily snacks and soft drinks that contain high amounts of sugar. It is okay if your child insists on taking a small part of these items, but overconsumption is a big NO!
Now you know the food items you can carry for your children, but let’s see how you can make the journey comfortable for your child so that they don’t become cranky.
- Choose early morning- Traveling early mornings is best because your child can get uncomfortable during noon if the temperature is high even though you have your AC in the car/train/airplane.
- Carry creative stuff- Carry toys but also keep some creative things like clay, word games, card games, and puzzles to keep your child entertained.
- Audiobooks and Podcasts- Play audiobooks and podcasts which your child might find interesting. It is not only an excellent way to keep your child busy but also a great opportunity to make them learn some of the most practical things about life.
- Tell them about your destination- Watch series or movies that feature your destination place so that they get to know exactly where they are traveling to. Look at the map with your child so that your child actively engages and learns a new skill.
Gritzo- A perfect Choice for Personalized Nutrition
While traveling, a nutritious and quick-to-make drink is always a plus. The richness of whey protein made from premium milk, Calcium + 100% RDA D3, and loads of personalized ingredients is a perfect nutrition solution for your child.
Making SuperMilk is super easy. All you have to do is put 2 scoops of SuperMilk in 250 ml milk and mix well. That’s it, a nutritious and tasty health drink for your child is ready.